- 1. High production efficiency The number of parts or process content completed per unit time is several times higher than that of general cnc machining methods, or even hundreds to thousands of times. Moreover, the metal stamping process can also use one mold with multiple parts and multiple process content combined cnc machining methods on a set of molds to further improve production efficiency.
- 2. The product quality is stable and the interchangeability is good. The metal stamping mold is used to form the product, and the factors that affect the product quality change are few, and the degree of harm is low. Some factors can be corrected by taking appropriate measures to control the quality of the product within the ideal range, and the stability of the product quality can effectively ensure its interchangeability. Good interchangeability is the basic guarantee for mass production of the assembly line. At the same time, it is also conducive to product maintenance and replacement.
- 3. High material utilization. Different layout methods, such as cross, diagonal, multi-row, mixed, nested, and even no-waste layout methods, can effectively improve the utilization rate of materials and reduce the material cost of products.
- 4. The material does not need to be heated. Under normal circumstances, the material does not need to be heated during the stamping operation. This not only saves energy, reduces heating equipment and site occupation, but also avoids shape and size instability caused by surface oxidation, burns, and deformation of products caused by heating. It can also prevent the adverse effects of temperature rise on the mold.
- 5. The mechanical properties of the punching parts are improved. Affected by the hardening phenomenon of metal stamping, the surface structure of the punching parts is tight, the hardness and wear resistance are increased, and the strength and rigidity of the punching parts are also improved.
- 6. A wide range of applications. There are many products suitable for stamping. It can solve many cnc machining contents that are impossible or difficult to complete by general mechanical processing, especially for the processing and forming of some thin, soft, difficult, strange, micro parts, or non-metallic material parts. Metal stamping is almost the only cnc machining method.
Link to this article：What are the characteristics of stamping operations
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks