Customers who are first exposed to X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 material may be more concerned about the workability of X2CrNiMoN22-5-3. For example, what is the hardness of X2CrNiMoN22-5-3, is it easy to process or difficult to process? What tool should be used to machine X2CrNiMoN22-5-3. Since various elements in stainless steel have the nature of metal inclusions, it can also promote the improvement of machining performance;
No matter what kind of steel X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 stainless steel belongs to, but just as they have great differences in physical and chemical properties, the difference in machining performance is also very big:
- 1) The annealed martensitic steel is magnetic, and the required strength and hardness can be obtained by quenching and tempering. Quenchable martensitic steels can usually be hardened to increase hardness, and the difficulty of machining depends on the carbon content of the steel. The higher the carbon content, the more difficult the machining.
- 2) The heat treatment method cannot significantly change the hardness of ferritic steel. Since the structure of this type of steel is ferrite, it is magnetic in the annealed state.
- 3) Austenitic stainless steels are non-magnetic in the annealed state and cannot be hardened by heat treatment, but most of them have a work hardening tendency. This tendency is much more pronounced for austenitic steels than martensitic steels and ferritic steels. In terms of machining performance, austenitic steel is worse than the other two types of steel. This is because such steels are sticky in the annealed state and have a tendency to harden rapidly during machining.
1.4462 / X2CrNiMoN22-5-3
ASTM A182F51, SUS329J3L, STS329J3LTP, S31803, SS2377, AISI 318 LN, Z3CND22-05Az
X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 characteristics and uses
1.4462 is a corrosion-resistant and acid-resistant austenitic-ferritic chromium-nickel-molybdenum steel (dual phase). It is used in mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, food industry and offshore areas.
Excellent corrosion resistance and stress corrosion cracking resistance, very good mechanical properties-this material is difficult to obtain high hardness and yield strength, machinability and weldability.
X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 chemical composition:
- Carbon C: ≤0.03
- Silicon Si: ≤1.00
- Manganese Mn: ≤2.00
- Phosphorus P: ≤0.035
- Sulfur S: ≤0.015
- Chromium Cr: 21.00 ~ 23.00
- Molybdenum Mo: 2.50 ~ 3.50
- Nickel Ni: 4.50 ~ 6.50
- Vanadium V:-
- Nitrogen N: 0.10 ~ 0.22
With the rapid development of high-end equipment manufacturing industries such as energy and environmental protection, marine development, petrochemicals, and pulp and paper bleaching equipment, new corrosion resistance and mechanical properties of X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 for large-scale devices serving these fields have been proposed. challenge. X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 stainless steel has a unique role in corrosion resistance and high temperature resistance, and is a key material for high-end equipment manufacturing. X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 steel plates, steel bars and steel strips are mainly used in extremely harsh corrosive environments, have excellent pitting corrosion resistance, intergranular corrosion resistance and stress corrosion resistance, can partially replace nickel-based alloys, and have significant cost advantages. X2CrNiMoN22-5-3 material originates from abroad. Due to the large number of alloy elements, poor high temperature thermoplasticity, and narrow forging temperature range, it has always relied on imports. In recent years, Taigang and Baosteel have broken foreign technology monopolies.
Link to this article： X2CrNiMoN22 Machinability
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！